Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'm sorry what did you just call me?

Ok, so I'm a bit on the smaller side, this is a fact. Lets not to forget that I'm at the same time on the less healthy side of the spectrum in general having the muscle consistency of veal. Ok, so not everyone is built the same, awesome, I love some variety. Fine, I kind of hate everyone equally if you want to know the blatant truth! Not because I'm self righteous or that I think I'm Superior, or that my music choices are better than yours (they are trust me!), no it has to do with the fact that total strangers, friends, and even more strangers have a bizarre habit of calling me by the delightful moniker of, brace yourself, "Skinny Bitch". What the hell? Do I know you? Alright so I get the fact that you pointed out that I am on the spare side, but you also whapped me with Bitch. Where in the hell is that a complement? Back handed perhaps but still not a damn complement. If I was talking to someone and was rather taken by something they had/did/said I would not show my admiration by calling them a fat bitch to show our dissimilar places. First I would get me skinny bitchy ass kicked, second that crap is jacked up! Examples you ask for, well here you go:
Me: Well I kind of hate Sting.
Friend: Really, he's my favorite.
Stranger(thin, beautiful): Yeah I've never liked him either.
Friend (after stranger walked away looking at me) must be a skinny bitch thing.

Stranger at daughters school: I can't believe you have a kid, your so tiny.
Me: Oh, I have two, my sons a few months old.
Stranger: Oh, I fucking hate you, you skinny bitch.
(I'm still working out if this had any compliment in it, but she was smiling and talked to me everyday after so I guess it was supposed to be.)


Stranger: Hey where did you get that belt?
Me: Tillies
Stranger: Oh only skinny bitches and gay guys shop there! (way to offend two groups there lady!)

So what is my point here? No, not oh poor me I'm so thin you don't know my hardships, blah, sob! Thing is it turns into a form of reverse discrimination. You would never comment on someones weight if they were heavy because its offense. You would never ask them if they gorge themselves because that is evil so why on God's green Earth do you think it's fine to ask me if I like to throw up? It makes me cry actually, thank you kindly (the puking, not the question that just pisses me off). Look just because Oprah did a special about eating disorders doesn't mean 1. That I have one 2. That you have any damn right to ask or comment that I do!
Here's how I see it, you can dress it in as many fluffy compliments as you please, you still just called me a bitch.
This the bit of loveliness I listened to while writing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment